ECE Child Minders - LINC program
Two Positions: 15 and 28 hours per week.
The Little Mountain Neighborhood House ECE Child Minder is responsible for preparing, planning and implementing a quality age appropriate program in accordance with the Community Care Facilities Licensing Regulations and the developmental needs of the newcomer children. We are looking for 2 people who are warm, happy, patient, energetic, reliable, and likes working in a multi-ethnic environment.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Develop and implement a daily program schedule that includes indoor activities that are: active, quiet, and individual and group based for children age 18 months to 5 years using the BC Early Learning Framework.
- Create an environment that fosters positive self-concept and reflects the cultural diversity of the children.
- Ensures the continuing safety and security of the children.
- Orient parents to the program and direct them to the appropriate resources when needed.
- Work with a team to maintain healthy relationships and communicate effectively and respectfully with children, families and colleagues.
- Be familiar with the expectations and requirements of Community Care Licensing.
- Write program reports and reports on progress, behavior and other issues.
- Inform, guide and support other program staff and volunteers as required.
- Attend and participate in team meetings and workshops.
- Communicate with language teachers and administrative staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Valid Early Childhood Education Certificate.
- Demonstrated experience working with newcomer children.
- Current First Aid and Criminal Record Certificate required.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in the team environment.
- Ability to communicate and problem solve effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with people from differing cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Second language is an asset.
Please send a cover letter and resume quoting ECE Child Minder to:
Susan Schachter, Settlement Services Manager
Thank you to all who apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.