Volunteer with Us
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House provides you an excellent chance to give back to the community. Come by and sign up as a volunteer for one of our programs!
** View and download our fill-able volunteer form HERE.
Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be a LMNHS volunteer:
- Increase your work experience.
- Meet your neighbours.
- Understand your community.
- Learn about different cultures.
Volunteer Opportunities at LMNHS:
- Yard Garden Harvest
- Food Distribution
- Community Events
- Riley Park Community Garden
- Child Care
- LINC English Classes
- Family Drop-ins
- Food Programs
- Front Desk
Email: email@example.com or get a form from reception.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE NOW
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House Society Board of Directors
Are you passionate about community? Do you seek to make a difference in the life of Vancouver? Little Mountain Neighbourhood House Society is seeking candidates for its board of directors. LMNHS is a neighbourhood-based organization at 24th Avenue and Main Street in Vancouver. With 20+ program locations, we provide a wide array of programs to thousands of people in all their diversity. Our diverse 12 member board guides our established award-winning organization and provides leadership support to our 100+ FT and PT staff members. Meetings are held 10 times a year (currently the last Monday evening of the month). Board work in our organization provides a great opportunity for personal growth and skills development, and for making a meaningful contribution to your community. We currently are looking to fill one vacancy on the board
- Committed to the work of LMNHS;
- Knowledgeable and skilled (or willing to learn) in areas of board governance, non-profits, finance, human resources, information technology, advocacy, or fund development;
- Attendance at monthly board meetings;
- Committee work with at least one standing or ad hoc committee
- Support of special events;
- Promote LMNH in the community.
Skills the Board is currently seeking:
- Accounting/Financial Planning
- Planning/Strategic Planning
- Government Relations
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Knowledge or interest in learning about LMNHS and the neighbourhood house movement.
Please contact Executive Director Joel Bronstein to find out more 604 879-7104 and/or send you CV with cover letter why you want to join the board to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Nomination Committee will screen prospective board in advance of the June AGM.