Food Distribution Coordinator
Posting Date:May 11, 2023
Closing Date: May 22, 2023
Starting Date: June 1, 2023
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House (LMNH) is currently seeking a responsive and efficient Food Distribution Coordinator to support the weekly Food Distribution Program and other programs at the Neighbourhood House. Our mission is to increase food security and dignified food access in our community and create a low-barrier, inclusive, welcoming and fun program where participants can receive quality food, meet others, access a variety of supports, and feel a deeper sense of connection to LMNH and the wider community.
As the Food Distribution Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the program.
The successful candidate will engage in the following tasks:
Program Coordination and Evaluation:
Work under the guidance and direction of the Manager of Family Resources and Community Programs to coordinate all aspects of the Food Distribution Program including distribution to other LMNHS food programs.
Coordinate with other NH programs to maintain a safe and clean environment in the kitchen.
Complete all food ordering from a variety of partners including the Greater Vancouver Food Bank and manage all deliveries for LMNHS food programs.
- Write program reports as needed such as annual impact reports.
- Assist with grant writing as needed.
Work in collaboration with multiple partners, donors, and food suppliers and actively engage in community outreach to strengthen relationships and build new partnerships.
Regularly source new community resources and share with staff, participants, and community members.
Implement and follow all Good Food Organization principles in all LMNHS food programs.
- Oversee Food Distribution program deliveries and distribution.
- Support Food Distribution program staff and volunteers.
- Create and facilitate a welcoming space for participants.
- Work closely with Recovery Fund Grant Evaluator and Project Manager.
Collect and maintain accurate, secure electronic participant records including wait list.
- Manage communications with registered program participants.
- Oversee annual program evaluation plan.
Attend monthly Food Hub Team meetings and provide regular reporting related to the Food Distribution Program and support to other Food Hub programs as needed.
- Attend meetings and planning sessions with community partners as needed.
- Attend and participate in local community and networking events as needed.
Attend bi-monthly Vancouver Neighbourhood Food Network meetings as a representative of the Little Mountain Riley Park Food Network.
Co-manage the LMNHS Food Hub social media account and maintain an active online presence with the goal of raising information and awareness about the Food Hub.
Assist with planning and facilitating Food Hub and program specific fundraisers as needed.
- Provide program specific training for volunteers.
- Collaborate with UBC Farm to provide orientation, training, and supervision for UBC Farm Practicum students volunteering at the program.
- Attend Operational Planning meetings.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in community development and/or food security programming.
- Education in community development, food systems, social work or related field of study.
- Demonstrated understanding of food security, food justice, and dignified food access.
- Experience working in a diverse and multicultural community and with vulnerable populations such as those experiencing poverty and homelessness, BIPOC individuals, newcomers, seniors, individuals with disabilities, and individuals experiencing mental health and addiction issues.
- Able to be flexible and adapt to a changing environment.
- Work collaboratively with/across several LMNHS departments.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem-solve, and practice sound decision-making.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficient at writing impact reports, compiling and maintaining statistics, and use of Canva, Office 365, Excel.
- Must have a valid Food Safe certificate (or willingness to obtain).
- First aid certificate required (or willingness to obtain).
- Valid Driver's License an asset.
- Clear criminal record search upon hire.
- Ability to communicate in a second language an asset (Eg. Mandarin or Cantonese).
Salary: $25.00/hour - full time position.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Maria Valenzuela, Manager of Family Resources and Community Programs
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ATTN: Food Distribution Coordinator