LINC Childcare Program Lead
Posting Date: March 10, 2023
Closing Date: March 27, 2023
Starting Date: April 3, 2023
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House develops and facilitates social, educational, cultural and recreational programs and initiatives that strengthen neighbourhood life for a diverse group of community members by sharing our community core values. Our vision is to connect, engage and empower community members to create a vibrant, inclusive and caring neighbourhood.
This newly created position sits within the LINC and Settlement Department which provides settlement and English language training for newcomers to Canada. The LINC Childcare Program Lead provides childcare for children (18 months to 5 years) of parents attending the LINC English Language program as well as developing a high quality, consistent programming across two sites. The programs at each site are small but growing. They run Monday to Thursday during the school year with no programs offered during school holidays. This is a unique opportunity to work with a team to support the development of a program that is often the first childcare experience for children and families who are new to Canada. If you are creative, responsible, interested in a socially focussed program and ready for a new leadership role – this is the opportunity for you.
- Basic ECE
- Be able to lead a team to plan and implement a quality program for young children, maintain healthy relationships and communicate effectively and respectfully with children, families and colleagues.
- Be familiar with the expectations and requirements of Community Care Licensing.
- Support each child’s holistic development using the BC Early Learning Framework.
- Demonstrate understanding of and respect for the competency of young children.
- Be aware of and work within the ECEBC Code of Ethics.
- Be ready to work closely with other members of a multi-disciplinary team (LINC Program Coordinator, LINC English teachers and settlement workers including participating in regular shared professional development.
- 3 years’ experience as an ECE, with one year in a leadership role (ECE or other) or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must be 19 years of age and eligible to work in Canada.
- Early Childhood Educator License to Practice required.
- Must have or be willing to get a Criminal Record Check Clearance Letter.
- Experience working in a licensed childcare program.
- Current First Aid certificate required or willing to complete.
- Strong program planning, organizational, leadership and communication skills required.
- Understanding of Emergent Curriculum and the BC Early Learning Framework.
- Ability to work within a multicultural/intercultural environment.
- Additional language an asset.
Hours Per Week: up to 30 hours
Working Hours: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (program closed during school Spring, Summer and Winter breaks)
Salary and Benefits:
- $24 per hour
- 6% vacation pay in addition to regular hourly pay.
- 100% employer paid benefits, medical, dental, LTD, and other employee benefits.
- Employer matched RRSP contributions.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Rachel by March 27th, 2023.