Posting Date: April 11, 2023
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate found
Starting Date: May 8, 2023
The LMOSC Coordinator works with a team to support and direct the supervision of children ages 6 to 12 years old. They will establish and maintain positive communication with staff, parents, children, and other professionals. The LMOSC Coordinator promotes children’s social, physical, intellectual, creative, cultural, and emotional growth and development. They will be able to supervise the program, children, staff, and complete administrative tasks in a timely manner. If you love to work with school age children, we would love to meet you.
- Ensure that all safety standards are implemented and maintained.
- Maintains child staff ratios, and all licensing regulations
- Supervises, gives direction, feed-back to the staff
- Program plans, prepares and carries out developmentally appropriate programs and activities.
- Maintains confidentiality, keeps records, and reports problems or concerns to Child Care Manager
- Follows LMNHS and LMOSC’s policy, procedures, philosophy and mission statement.
- Keeps program facilities and equipment safe and clean, reporting any repairs and concerns.
- Grocery shops for food, program supplies and materials
- Handles petty cash
- Collects and hands in the parent fees
- Sees that the monthly newsletter is developed and handed out to the families
- Communicates with the school principal, janitors, secretaries, and other VSB professionals
- Works with the Licensing Officer, Supported Child Development and other professionals
- Works with Little Mountain Neighbourhood House’s staff directly
- Keeps the Child Care Manager abreast of how the program is operating, as well as if there are any other issues/problems that come up
- Maintains a substitutes list
- Works with staff to develop, and execute fundraising for the LMOSC
- Attends meetings with Child Care Manager and other professionals as needed
- A team player, someone punctual, organized, takes initiative, and is fun loving
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Minimum age 19 years -Required
- 20 hrs of Responsible Adult Training or equivalent in accordance to licensing requirements - Required
- ECE and or School Age Certificate or Work experience with school age - an Asset
- Minimum 3 yrs. Supervisory experience
- First Aid Certificate - Required
- Class 5 drivers license - Required
- Class 4 drivers license an Asset
- - Completion of a clear Criminal Record Check by the Criminal Records Review Act - Required
- Character/Work references.
- Experience working with children in a child care setting
- Additional language(s), and experience in working in a multicultural environment is an asset
- Creative Initiative and a sense of humour
Remuneration: $25.00 per hour (depending on experience)
- plus $4.00 per hour for those who qualify for the ECE-WE.
- Also, full benefits after a successful 6 months’ probationary period Benefits include; 100% Employer paid MSP, Extended Health/Dental benefits with Pacific blue cross and RRSP. Plus; pro-rated vacation leaves, and sick days
Hours: 35 hrs per week (No split shifts), Mondays to Fridays
Geraldine Clevette - Child Care Manager
3981 Main Street Vancouver, BC V5V 3P3
SORRY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
We are an equal opportunity employer.