Manager of Child and Youth Department
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House is seeking a full time Manager for Children and Youth Program to fill a permanent full time position.
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House vision is to connect, engage and empower community members to create a vibrant, inclusive and caring neighbourhood. We achieve this by developing and facilitating social, educational, cultural and recreational programs and initiatives that strengthen neighbourhood life for a diverse group of community members.
The individual holding the Manager position is responsible for the overall operation of the Child and Youth Department. The department includes social, educational, life skills, and recreational programming. The Manager is an energetic, experienced, creative individual. The Manager must possess strong leadership and communications skills and be able to work in a busy, multicultural environment. The position requires the successful candidate to be flexible and work occasional evenings to support staff and programs.
Children and Youth Manager reports to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Program Planning, Development and Delivery: (including not limited to):
- Develop and evaluate social, educational, and recreational programs.
- Oversee special needs program including managing provincial government contract, program development and delivery.
- Oversee Camp and Pro-D day Camp programs program including staff and volunteers.
- Oversee evening pre-teen drop in programs.
- Oversee children and youth programs at local elementary and secondary schools- including literacy, leadership, and drop in programs.
- Provide support/guidance to the Child & Youth Worker and other permanent staff.
- Understand and implement various quality improvement strategies such as monitoring plans, logic models and develop short and long term impacts for each program area.
- Understand the changing needs of the local community and adapt programs accordingly.
Human Resource Management: (including not limited to):
- Recruit, hire, terminate, orient, supervise, support, assign work to and evaluate full time, part time and summer staff and volunteers involved in the children and youth programs.
- Oversee union and exempt staff in appropriate protocols and processes.
Financial Management: (including not limited to):
- Write grant applications and proposals to sustain, develop and grow programs.
- Manage administration of the Child and Youth Program expenditures, budgets, financial records and reports.
Public Relations: (including not limited to):
- Liaise with various community and government partners for collaboration, partnership, community development and support purposes.
- Lead and sit on a variety of community based committees.
- Ongoing collaboration and connection with various (social) media platforms.
- Engage with a variety of internal & external committees to support organizational goals and priorities.
- Work collaboratively with the management team to implement house wide policies and procedures.
- Work as a management team to facilitate training opportunities for all staff.
- Sits on internal committees to support organization wide events and initiatives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Substantial experience in grant writing.
- Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent education and experience.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in community setting.
- Knowledge and experience in community development and community engagement.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of children and youth programs.
- Strong background in leadership of staff and volunteers.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets with multiple revenue streams.
- Knowledge and/or experience working with individuals with special needs.
- Demonstrate effective and efficient organizational skills.
- Experience in working in unionized environment.
- First Aid Certificate required.
- Salary commensurate upon experience with benefit package after probation period.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to: Joel Bronstein at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 9, 2022. Please ensure that "Manager, Child and Youth," is the subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest in Little Mountain Neighbourhood House. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Little Mountain Neighbourhood House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.