Special Services Integration Worker
Posting:January 9, 2023
Post Closed: Ongoing
Starting Date: Ongoing
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House Society (LMNHS) is an integral part of the Little Mountain/Riley Park for the past 40 years, providing free or low cost social support programs for seniors, adults, families, children, and youth. Rooted in social justice values, we facilitate social connection and target our programs to the whole community. LMNHS provides social, educational, cultural and recreational programs and initiatives that strengthen neighbourhood life for a diverse group of community members.
Nature and Scope of Role:
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House Society is seeking a Special Services Integration Worker for its Children & Youth Department. The individual hired in this position is responsible for supporting children and youth with developmental delays, disabilities and special needs, through weekly 1-1 visits in the community. The worker connects clients with community resources and work towards achieving individual client goals. The focus of each visit is on building life skills, social skills, and communication skills.
The number of each worker’s assigned clients is based on the worker's availability and on the number of clients referred to our services. Referrals are from the Ministry of Children and Family Development. The hours of work will vary depending on the # of clients; 5 hours of work each week per client; working with 2-4 clients per week. This position will require work during evenings and weekends. This is a unionized position that reports to the Manager of Children and Youth.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop positive and supportive relationships with client and family
- Liaise between family, social workers, and direct supervisor
- Plan, implement, and evaluate service plan goals
- Identify and utilize appropriate community resources and programs for addressing client goals
- Advocate on behalf of clients and families when appropriate
- Maintain accurate, confidential client notes, and progress reports as required
- Maintain accurate budget for program expenses
- Complete and submit time sheets to direct supervisor
- Attend regular team meetings as scheduled
- Perform other related duties as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant post-secondary education and training related to special needs, child/youth care, social services, or combination education and minimum 1-year experience in relevant field
- Demonstrated experience with reporting and general administration
- Knowledge and understanding of capacity building and strength-based approaches
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to use computer applications
- Experience working directly with individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, linguistic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively individually and as a part of a team
- Knowledge of child development theories an asset
- Fluency in a second language an asset
- Experience in working in unionized environment and/or Neighbourhood House an asset
- Valid Standard First Aid/CPR certificate
- Criminal record check is required
Rate of Pay: $21.45 - $24.91/hour
Please send a cover letter and resume to: Andrea Canales
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House
3981 Main Street, Vancouver BC, V5V 3P3
Thank you for your interest in Little Mountain Neighbourhood House.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Little Mountain Neighbourhood House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.